libtiepie-hw requires that the following libraries are available:
- libusb-1.0 for interfacing USB oscilloscopes.
On most modern Linux distributions these libraries are installed by default.
TiePie engineering has a Linux debian based package server with packages for the libtiepie-hw SDK. Installation instructions for the TiePie engineering repository are found on the Linux packages page. This page also lists the available packages. After installing the repository, you can use your favorite package manager to install the required libtiepie-hw packages.
To install the libtiepie-hw SDK manually:
- Download the appropriate libtiepie-hw version for your system.
- Unpack the downloaded tar.gz by executing tar -zxf tar.gz file name in the shell or by using a GUI tool.
- Go to the directory with the extracted files.
- Run sudo ./install.sh if sudo is installed, else execute ./install.sh as root.
The install.sh script will install the library into /usr/lib and the header file into /usr/include. An udev rules file will be installed in /etc/udev/rules.d so that users in the plugdev group can use TiePie engineering USB oscilloscopes.
The downloads below are only required for a manual installation of the LibTiePie SDK.
|libtiepie-hw: library for interfacing TiePie instruments||1.1.13||For 64 bit applications on x86-64/x86_64/amd64/x64||2.25 MB||download|
|libtiepie-hw: library for interfacing TiePie instruments||1.1.13||For 64bit ARMv8 CPUs (arm64/aarch64)||2.10 MB||download|
|libtiepie-hw: library for interfacing TiePie instruments||1.1.13||For ARMv7 CPUs with hardware floating point unit (armhf)||1.99 MB||download|