February 12, 2018
Various changes have been made to add new functionality and to improve basic operations in the software. This is a categorized overview of some of the changes.
SPI decoder added
An SPI decoder I/O is added, to decode analog data on an SPI bus to SPI data. Just measure the Clock and Data lines of the SPI bus with a scope and connect the measuring channels to the SPI decoder I/O.
The SPI decoder has the following features:
supports SPI modes
- 0 (Clock Polarity (CPOL) = 0, Clock Phase (CPHA) = 0)
- 1 (Clock Polarity (CPOL) = 0, Clock Phase (CPHA) = 1)
- 2 (Clock Polarity (CPOL) = 1, Clock Phase (CPHA) = 0)
- 3 (Clock Polarity (CPOL) = 1, Clock Phase (CPHA) = 1)
- Automatic bus speed detection
- Bit order setting: MSB first or LSB first
- Word size setting: 4, 8, 12, 16, 24, 32 bits or user defined
The output of the SPI decoder contains the decoded values, in hexadecimal notation, decimal notation, binary notation and in ASCII. The output can be shown in a table.
Additionally, many SPI Quick Setups for all modes have been added.
Handyscope HS6 DIFF
Data collector logging improved
The feature to log data using the Data Collector I/O, by setting its When full property to Save to disk and clear has been expanded. Besides saving the measured data, the Data collector also saves an index file keeping track of all saved data files of that measurement.
When the measurement is ready, the index file can be opened in the Multi Channel oscilloscope software. This will load a block of two, three or four of the saved Data collector .TPO files, depending on the data length of the saved Data collectors. The loaded Data collectors are shown together in a graph. When the original setup contained multiple Data collector I/Os, the .TPO files with matching times will be loaded and displayed together. Additionally, a special toolbar is shown that allows to navigate through the available .TPO files that belong to the specific measurement.
Additionally, data logging Quick Setups have been adapted to use the new feature.
Several other minor changes and corrections have been made in the software, to improve controlling instruments and performing measurements.
- Command line parameters for exporting objects added.
- Added notification for user if the instrument start fails.
- Time/div controls are now disabled when instrument is in streaming mode.
- BugFix: Handyscope HS6 DIFF Enter/Exit window trigger didn't work properly.
- BugFix: When measuring with multiple combined Handyscope HS6 DIFFs at lower sample frequencies, measurements could not be started due to a failed synchronization.
- BugFix: Streaming with combined instruments didn't work for low sample rates if no channels of a sub instrument were used.
- Other minor improvements and fixes.