May 4, 2015
Version 1.32 of the Multi Channel oscilloscope software is now available for download. Many changes have been made to add new functionality and to improve basic operations in the software. This is a categorized overview of some of the changes.
To simplify setting up measurements, a measurement templates system has been added to the Multi Channel oscilloscope software, containing a large number of measurement templates. A measurement template contains the basic settings for a specific measurement. After loading it, that specific measurement can be performed and the measurement results are displayed in the appropriate way. The templates are selected and loaded via an intuitive and easy to use selection dialog. Simply browse through the tree to find the measurement you want to perform and load it. Additional information on the measurement is given in the information pane in the dialog.
Handyscope HS5 Arbitrary Waveform Generator
Signal type pulse
A new signal type is added to the function generator: pulse (). This signal type gives a pulse with a user selectable period time, width and height. The period time of the pulse can be set between 100 ns and 1000 s. The width can be set between 20 ns and "period time - 20 ns", with 6 digits resolution, with a minimum of 1 ns.
An output invert option () is added to invert the generated signal pattern. The signal is inverted around the selected offset level.
New burst and gated modes
Several new burst and gated modes have been added to the arbitrary waveform generator. They allow very precise control of the generated signal via an external trigger signal.
Improved display readability
The readability of the property displays has been improved by moving the decimal separator, removing leading zeroes and adding a prefix to the unit. For example 0.000200 s is now displayed as 200 µs.
Several improvements are made in the graphs:
- Graphs nows resize proportionally when their containing window is resized.
- Positions and sizes of graphs are now saved and restored when loading a set file.
- When a graph is zoomed in deep, digits are added to the labels along the horizontal axis, to show their difference in value.
- When a graph is zoomed in deep, it no longer zooms out when the record slider is moved.
- The setting Only use already enabled channels for the quick functions is now enabled by default.
- A new windowing method is added to the FFT I/O: flat top.
- Auto resolution mode is added to the Handyscope HS3.
- The file save option Don't store data is no longer remembered in between saves, to prevent accidentally saving without data.
- Saving one source with one sample to a Matlab file produced a corrupt file.
- Values slightly less than 1e* could be displayed a factor 10 too small.
Multi Channel oscilloscope software 1.32 requires a new driver (version 7.2.1) for the Handyscope HS5, Handyprobe HP3, Handyscope HS4 DIFF and Handyscope HS4. The new drivers can be downloaded from the download page.
This new driver solves an issue on USB 3.0 ports where the instrument freezes and needs to be disconnected and reconnected to be able to perform measurements again. It also solves an issue when using VirtualBox, USB 2.0 (EHCI) support no longer needs to be disabled in VirtualBox to use the instrument.