October 24, 2017
Various changes have been made to add new functionality and to improve basic operations in the software. This is a categorized overview of some of the changes.
Handyscope HS6 DIFF
- Support is added for the new Handyscope HS6 DIFF with option E: the EMI pre compliance tester. Read more on the EMI page.
- The SafeGround functionality is optimized and now has faster switching times, which ensures a good protection of the device under test when a short circuit is created.
- The USB 3.0 interface is optimized and gives high data streaming rates, that allow large data records to be transferred very fast.
Data collector I/O
- Cursors can now be used when the graph is set to XY mode.
- The time axis labels of a scope now also can display "date and time", which is particularly convenient when examining very long (data logger) measurements.
- Vertical axis snapping is now disabled when an axis is zoomed such that less than 10% of the vertical range of a signal is visible, unless the zero level is in visible range.
Visible range and axis range dialogs:
- The range can now be adjusted in the same style (days, hours and minutes or date and time) as the style that is selected for the time axis.
- For horizontal axes, minimum is now shown above maximum.
- Values are now formatted in SI notation instead of scientific.
- Removed the swap question, values are now always swapped when the entered minimum value is larger than the entered maximum value.
Crankshaft angle I/O
Some improvements were made on the Crankshaft angle I/O:
- Renamed the property Angle offset to TDC offset.
- Added a property Top Dead Center, which defaults to Before TDC.