Wireless Multi Instrument Synchronization Module WCMI
The Wireless Multi Instrument Synchronization Module WCMI is a module that allows to combine and synchronize two or more WiFiScopes or Handyscopes via an RF wireless trigger connection. The scopes can be up to 400 m apart from each other.
The WCMI is available in two models:
- WCMI - 8, for the 868 MHz band, region Europe
- WCMI - 9, for the 915 MHz band, region America (North, Central and South)
These are available as single module and as set of two modules. To combine and synchronize oscilloscopes, a minimum of 2 WCMI modules is required. For each scope in the combined instrument, a WCMI modules is required.
- Wireless Multi Instrument Synchronization Module WCMI - 8 Set of 2
- Wireless Multi Instrument Synchronization Module WCMI - 9 Set of 2
- Wireless Multi Instrument Synchronization Module WCMI - 8
- Wireless Multi Instrument Synchronization Module WCMI - 9
Order code: WCMI-8-Set
Easy expanding the number of input channels
Using WCMIs, multiple oscilloscopes are combined to a scope with many input channels. It's then easy to create and control a scope with e.g. 16 input channels. 128 input channels is possible as well.
An accurate wireless RF connection between the WCMI modules shares the trigger signals to start the combined scopes at exactly the same moment. The WCMI module has an automatic time synchronization system that takes care that all sample clocks of the oscilloscopes are synchronized.
Multiple measurement points at large distance
Many signals can be measured synchronously, using scopes that can be up to 400 m apart from each other. No long cabling is required between the scopes and the computer, which makes the setup very easy and hassle free.
The Multi Channel oscilloscope software automatically detects how many instruments are equipped with a WCMI module. All detected oscilloscopes, connected via WiFi, LAN or USB, are combined to one single oscilloscope with a total number of channels that equals the sum of the number of channels of the detected oscilloscopes.
New functions that make the best scopes better
- WCMI is a Plug and Play module
- Wireless combining of multiple measurement instruments
- Software automatically searches for available WCMI modules
- Automatic sample clock synchronization of of each measurement instrument
- Triggering possible on all combined instruments
- Fully galvanic isolation possible when measuring with multiple instruments
- Measure distant measuring points synchronized as with one instrument
- Modules suitable for the 868 MHz band (WCMI - 8) and 915 MHz band (WCMI - 9)
The table below shows detailed specifications of the Wireless Multi Instrument Synchronization Module WCMI.
Wireless Multi Instrument Synchronization Module WCMI specifications
|Models||WCMI - 8||WCMI - 9|
|Frequency||868 MHz||915 MHz|
|Transmission power||14 dBm|
|Instrument||9 pin male D-sub|
|Module||73 mm||34 mm||20 mm||33 g|
|Antenna||37 mm||12 mm||175 mm||21 g|
|Power consumption||30 mA, from instrument extension connector|
|Compatible instruments||WiFiScope WS6 DIFF|
Handyscope HS6 DIFF
|Clock synchronicity||≤ 1 ppm typical ≤ 0.2 ppm|
|Maximum sampling rate combined instrument|
|at 14 bit||100 MSa/s|
|at 16 bit||6.25 MSa/s|
|Trigger jitter 1||Sample rate ≤ 1 MSa/s||Sample rate > 1 MSa/s|
|"5" and "5"||≤ ±2 samples||≤ ±2 µs|
|"5" and "6"|
|Trigger source is "5"||≤ ±2 samples||≤ ±2 µs|
|Trigger source is "6"||≤ ±8 samples||≤ ±8 µs|
|"6" and "6"||≤ ±8 samples||≤ ±8 µs|
|Ambient temperature||-10°C to 40°C|
|Relative humidity||0 % to 95 %, non condensing|
|Ambient temperature||-25°C to 70°C|
|Relative humidity||5 % to 95 %, non condensing|
The WCMI is a RED Directive assessed radio module that is CE marked and that has been manufactured and tested with the intention of being integrated into a final product.
The following models of the Wireless Multi Instrument Synchronization Module WCMI are available:
The WCMI - 8 uses the 868 MHz band, to be used in Europe.
The WCMI - 9 uses the 915 MHz band, to be used in America (North, Central and South).
|Wireless Multi Instrument Synchronization Module WCMI manual||1.2||English||277.96 kB||download|
The Wireless Multi Instrument Synchronization Module WCMI is delivered with: