The signal coupling or input coupling selection determines how the signal on the input is passed on.
- DC coupling allows for both the AC and the DC components of the input signal to pass.
- AC coupling rejects the DC component of the input signal and only the AC component is measured.
Use AC coupling when investigating an AC signal on a rather large DC component. Use DC coupling when measuring DC signals, like e.g. a battery voltage.
Changing the signal coupling of a channel in the Multi Channel oscilloscope software can be done in various different ways:
- Using the input coupling button on the channel toolbar
- Using hotkeys A and D in combination with the appropriate channel selection hotkey(s)
- Clicking the input coupling buttons (AC) and (DC) on the channel toolbar
- Right-clicking the channel in the Object Tree and selecting the appropriate coupling in the channel popup menu