September 12, 2018
Various changes have been made to add new functionality and to improve basic operations in the software. This is a categorized overview of some of the changes.
Network support added
Remote measuring with a Handyscope series oscilloscope with an ethernet connection (LAN, WiFi or WAN) is so transparent that it appears that the ethernet connected instrument is connected directly to the PC. All software and hardware features of the oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, data logger and voltmeter remain available via the network. Specific network knowledge is not required. The Multi Channel oscilloscope software supports ethernet connected instruments by default.
The dialog with available instruments shows the network instruments. Simply place a tick and measuring can start.
Again, the TiePie engineering motto applies: Plug in and measure
Handyscope HS6 DIFF
- a period time smaller than a defined interval
- a period time larger than a defined interval
- a period time inside a defined time window
- a period time outside a defined time window
The Handyscope HS5 trigger system is expanded with trigger outputs that can be assigned to the EXTn pins on the extension connector of the instrument. The pins then carry a signal that indicates whether the Handyscope HS5 oscilloscope is measuring or is triggered. This signal can then be used to trigger other equipment.
Several other minor changes and corrections have been made in the software, to improve controlling instruments and performing measurements.
- The Quick Setups for the SPI decoder now support decoding both MISO and MOSI communications, when measuring 4 channels.
- Improved the Table sink: The column sort info is now saved in and restored from a TPS file.
- The time/div settings now have a user selectable maximum record length.
- Measured data and settings can now also be exported to JSON format, both via the exporting data functions and via the command line options.
- The trigger accuracy for combined scopes consisting of Handyscope HS3, Handyscope HS4 and/or Handyscope HS4 DIFF when sampling at 25 MS/s and 50 MS/s is improved.
- BugFix: Handyscope HS3 external clock selection didn't work.
- Other minor improvements and fixes.