The multimeter is an instrument that performs a measurement on a signal and then determines one or more specific properties of that signal and displays these as numeric values. Displaying can be done using a numerical display or with a gauge.
The multimeter can be used to measure or monitor specific properties of a signal, like RMS value, frequency, maximum value etc. When using a gauge display, it can be very helpful when adjusting a circuit for a specific property, e.g. adjusting an offset to zero.
Features of the Multi Channel software multimeter
The multimeter function in the Multi Channel oscilloscope software has the following features:
- Display any number of sources. These can be signals directly from hardware instruments but also mathematical signals created by I/Os.
- Display various properties of a source:
- Display each property in a numerical display or in a gauge
- Multiple multimeters can be opened simultanously
- Displays can be configured in many ways:
- color settings
- number of digits
- number of decimals
- auto prefix on or off (µ m k M G etc.)