March 15, 2017
Version 1.35 of the Multi Channel oscilloscope software is now available for download. A demo version is also available, which can be used without connecting measuring instruments. Many changes have been made to add new functionality and to improve basic operations in the software. This is a categorized overview of some of the changes.
Handyscope HS6 DIFF
The new Handyscope HS6 DIFF, a high resolution, high precision four channel USB 3.0 oscilloscope with differential inputs is now supported.
64 bit support
The Multi Channel oscilloscope software is now also available in a 64 bit version. With the 64 bit version, you can take full benefit of the record length of your instrument: no more limitation of 32 MSamples per channel. For the Handyscope HS6 DIFF, this means that you can access the whole 256 MSamples record length of your measurement, all at once. And the SuperZoom functionality of the Multi Channel oscilloscope software allows you to zoom in to any individual sample of it.
The Multi Channel oscilloscope software installer contains both versions and automatically installs the suitable version for your system.
Automatically checking for updates
The Multi Channel oscilloscope software can now automatically check for updates when started. Whenever an update of the Multi Channel oscilloscope software with new features is available, you will be automatically notified when starting the software. And with a single click the new software is downloaded to your computer.
Checking for updates is optional and can be enabled and disabled in the settings.
The Multi Channel oscilloscope software can now collect usage statistics on how you use the software. This fully anonymous information is sent to TiePie engineering and gives us insight in how the software is used. That helps us make our software even better. More info on collecting usage statistics.
Collecting and sending usage statistics is optional and can be enabled and disabled in the settings.
Other changes in the Multi Channel oscilloscope software are:
- The trigger system now also supports absolute trigger levels. When the trigger level is set to an absolute level (in Volt), changing the input range (e.g. by auto ranging) will keep the trigger level at the same voltage level. This makes sure that your signal is still triggered in the same way.
- The Handyscope HS5 Arbitrary Waveform Generator now has adjustable leading and trailing edge times for the pulse signal.
- The FFT I/O and Meter sink can now optionally process pre samples, post samples or all samples.
- The Handyscope HS3 Arbitrary Waveform Generator now uses the Extended AWG control window.
- The Quick Setup toolbar can now be hidden via the program settings.
Several other minor changes and corrections have been made in the software, to improve controlling instruments and performing measurements.
Multi Channel oscilloscope software 1.35 requires a new universal driver (version 8.1.2) to be installed for the Handyscope HS6 DIFF, Handyscope HS5, Handyprobe HP3, Handyscope HS4 DIFF, Handyscope HS4 and Handyscope HS3. The new driver can be downloaded from the download page.
This new driver is a universal driver for all our Handyscope and Handyprobe USB instruments: only one driver for all instruments.