October 17, 2014
Version 1.31.0 of the Multi Channel oscilloscope software is now available for download. A demo version is also available, which can be used without connecting measuring instruments. Many changes have been made to add new functionality and to improve basic operations in the software. This is a categorized overview of some of the changes:
Faster streaming for the Handyscope HS4 and Handyscope HS4 DIFF
The Handyscope HS4 and Handyscope HS4 DIFF are now supported trough the LibTiePie library when the new driver (version 7.1.10) is installed. The major difference is that the Handyscope HS4 and Handyscope HS4 DIFF now support higher maximum streaming rates:
|Model||Max. streaming speed|
|Handyscope HS4 (DIFF)-50||500 kS/s|
|Handyscope HS4 (DIFF)-25||250 kS/s|
|Handyscope HS4 (DIFF)-10||100 kS/s|
|Handyscope HS4 (DIFF)-5||50 kS/s|
New trigger types for the Handyscope HS5
Multi Channel oscilloscope software 1.31.0 requires a new driver (version 7.1.10) for the Handyscope HS5 which is available for download.
- Added auto save/auto load options to the application settings. These can be used to automatically save the whole setup when closing the software and reload it on startup.
Channels and graphs:
- Added a default action To/from active graph to the popup menu of channels, other sources, IOs and oscilloscopes for adding them to or removing them from the active graph. Double clicking a source in the object tree now adds it to the active graph.
- Clicking the channel ID toolbar item now adds the channel to the active graph when not present yet, or removes all lines that (indirectly) have the channel as a source. The channel is added just like when dragged, so FFT and other I/Os are created when desired.
- When clicking the channel ID toolbar item when there is a horizontal axis in XY mode that is waiting for a source, the channel will be connected to it.
- Auto setup:
- When dragging multiple compatible sources onto an empty I/O or sink that accepts just one source, that sink is cloned for all but the first source. All sources are then connected to their I/O or sink.
- Double clicking a trigger symbol while holding the Ctrl key switches both end levels.
- Dragging a trigger symbol can now be canceled by pressing the escape key.
- Dragging an edge of a trigger symbol close to the other edge now moves the whole trigger symbol.
- The AutoDisk state is now saved to a TPS file.
- Added a Base section to index I/O that can be used to make data with begin and end times continuous. Such data can for example originate from a J1939 decoder I/O.
- Added a stop after count option to the Min/Max detector I/O similar to that of the Average I/O.
- Fixed the slope detection method so that pulses of 1 sample wide are correctly detected. This affects the measurements frequency, duty cycle and period count.
- Added an adjustable limit to the number of oscilloscopes and generators that is automatically opened.
- Oscilloscopes and function generators can now be opened manually via the main menu and the object tree popup menu.
- Added a Clear action to oscilloscopes and their channels for clearing the data.
- Measured data of the Handyscope HS4, Handyscope HS4 DIFF and Handyscope HS5 is now downloaded by another thread, preventing the Multi Channel oscilloscope software user interface from freezing.
- Fixed the appearance of some windows on Windows 7 with large fonts, some controls were invisible.