This is a change log for the Multi Channel oscilloscope software.
- Updated LibTiePie to v0.9.10:
- Fixed combining Handyscopes with WiFiScopes
- Improved combined instrument trigger accuracy
- Updated the help files.
- Fixed issue which prevented opening some Handyscope HS3s.
- Re-added missing SureConnect toolbar item.
- Added support for new instruments:
- DutyCycle IO: Added new timeout setting for 0%/100% detection: Off, Auto (default) or user defined.
- Added Force USB 3 instrument to use USB 2 setting.
- Fix: Advanced trigger dialog timeout/force/delay blocks are now resized to fit their text.
- BugFix: Handyscope HS4 (serials 14xxx) firmware load failed.
- Updated LibTiePie to v0.9.7
- Minor improvements and fixes.
- Instrument manager now connects automatically to WiFiScope network if only one is found and no other instruments are detected.
- Improved measurement abort and restart time.
- Spectrum graph quick function now uses FlatTop window.
- Fix: Cursor window count values weren't properly formatted when auto digit count was enabled.
- Fix: Record length for WiFiScope wasn't properly limited when used via LAN/WiFi.
- Fix: Pulse encoder outputed invalid data when streaming and a stream block didn't contain any pulses.
- Fix: Pulse encoder modulo wasn't working properly.
- Fix: Cursor window didn't ignore interpolation setting for frequency spectrum data.
- Updated manual to rev. 1.07.
- Improved WiFiScope WS6 accuracy.
- Added support for WiFiScope WS5 and WiFiScope WS6. (Requires USB driver v8.1.8 or newer when used via USB.)
- Added positive/negative pulse width measurement to cursor window and meter.
- Added Step size, Offset, Pulses per revolution and Unit settings to Pulse Decoder I/O.
- Minor improvements and fixes.
- BugFix: Min/max detector I/O data could get lost while loading a TPS file.
- Crankshaft angle IO:
- Sensor option added (preset).
- Asymmetric option added for processing asymmetric signals.
- Option Crop data collector(s) between cursors added to graph.
- Comparator IO added
- Bugfix: SPI decoder I/O could go wrong with streaming data
- Bugfix: Resampler I/O generated garbage output after resampling more than 2^31 samples
- Minor improvements and fixes.
- BugFix: Loading .TPS files with spectrum analyzer with logarithmic frequency axis would cause division by zero
- BugFix: Handyscope HS5 generator Generator New Period trigger signal could occasionally appear at wrong moment when sweeping
- BugFix: XY cursor readout was invalid when zooming before enabling the cursor window.
- WiFi disconnect and forget network didn't work properly
- Added support for network instruments via TPISS.
- Added new Manage instruments dialog.
- Added interval trigger support for Handyscope HS6 DIFF.
- Added oscilloscope running and oscilloscope triggered trigger output events to Handyscope HS5.
- Improved combined Handyscope HS3 / Handyscope HS4 / Handyscope HS4 DIFF trigger accuracy at 25 and 50 MHz.
- Improved Table sink: column sort info is now saved in TPS file.
- Added setting for limiting record length for time/div settings.
- Added exporting of measured data and setings to JSON format.
- BugFix: Handyscope HS3 external clock selection didn't work.
- Minor improvements and fixes.
- Added support for Handyprobe HP3 v2 boards.
- Clarified legend text for math channels.
- Use demo generator also as demo source in non-demo software.
- Enabled demo signal frequency sync between channels in non-demo software.
- Changed stop button symbol to square.
- Fix: Don't ask for loading TPIDX file if another file is loaded.
- SPI decoder for decoding SPI communication data added.
- Data logging using Data collector with When full set to Save to disk and clear now also writes an index file containing all files belonging to the measurements. When the measurement is ready, the index file can be loaded to browse through all saved measurement data, using a special toolbar.
Handyscope HS6 DIFF:
- Trigger feature Trigger delay is added.
- Improved measurement (re)start, resulting in a higher maximum update rate.
- BugFix: Enter/exit window trigger didn't work properly.
- BugFix: Synchronization failed for sample frequencies lower than 5 kHz with multiple Handyscope HS6 DIFFs.
- Command line parameters for exporting objects added.
- Time/div controls are now disabled when instrument is in streaming mode.
- Updated the help files
- Added notification for user if the instrument start fails.
- BugFix: Streaming with combined instruments didn't work for low sample rates if no channels of a sub instrument were used.
- Minor improvements and fixes.
- Improved Data collector:
- Maximum data size increased from 20M to 50M samples.
- When full option Save to disk and clear added.
- Improved graphs:
- Time axis label style Date and time added.
- Disabled axis snapping when less than 10% of axis is in view, unless zero is range.
- Improved SoftGen source:
- Increased maximum data size from 10M to 64MiSamples.
- Decreased minimum sample frequency from 0.01 Hz to 1e-6 Hz.
- Added EMI I/O.
- Added cursors in XY mode.
- Improved Crankshaft angle I/O:
- Renamed property Angle offset to TDC offset.
- Added property Top Dead Center, defaults to Before TDC (Old setfiles are loaded as After TDC).
- Added baudrates 230.4k, 460.8k, 921.6k, 1M, 1.5M and 3M to Serial analyzer sink.
- Improved Visible axis range dialog:
- The range can now be adjusted in the same style (days, hours and minutes or date and time) as the style that is selected for the time axis.
- For horizontal axes, minimum is now shown above maximum.
- Values are now formatted in SI notation instead of scientific.
- Removed swap question, values are now always swapped when min > max
- Implemented save/restore of connection test interval value.
- About box updated
- BugFix: Added missing initialization of Resampler output base its start value.
- BugFix: Always create a new base when resampling, scaling doesn't work as expected.
- Minor improvements and fixes.
- Added a logarithmic frequency axis for the spectrum analyzer graphs.
- Fixed a bug in Handyscope HS5 AWG, where the last two samples in burst mode were missing.
- Fixed a bug in intelligent unit handling causing TPS files with complex mathematical operations failing to load.
- Improved the Resampler I/O.
- Improved Handyscope HS3 / Handyscope HS4 / Handyscope HS4 DIFF external trigger input names.
- Changed default horizontal cursor position to 20% and 80% of view port, so they don't overlap with a major grid line.
- Minor improvements and fixes.
- Added Crankshaft angle I/O.
- Updated LibTiePie version to 0.6.3.
- Updated Japanese translation.
- Minor improvements and fixes.
- Added 64 bit support!
- Changed LibTiePie version to 0.6.1.
- Added support for Handyscope HS6 DIFF.
- Added optional check for update support.
- Added optional usage statistics.
- Handyscope HS3 generator now uses the new control window.
- Removed legacy Handyscope HS3 support, now supported via LibTiePie.
- Added support for absolute trigger levels.
- Added edge time control to Handyscope HS5 AWG pulse signal.
- FFT / Meter can now optionally process pre/post/all samples.
- Added option to hide big quick setup icon.
- Added cursor measurement Slew rate.
- Updated Dutch and Greek translation.
- Updated help files.
- Time axis now uses label format day hours:minutes:seconds for values greater than 60 seconds.
- Slope and slew rate values are now displayed as V/ms, V/µs instead of kV/s, MV/s.
- Fix: Corrected control alignment of some edit windows.
- Fix: Math channels menu items weren't properly checked.
- Fix: Generator window no longer closed when loading WAV/DAT files.
- Fix: J1939 I/O PGN observing didn't work.
- BugFix: Value window for spectrum could display wrong values if vertical cursors were off.
- BugFix: Loading data into the Generator could fail.
- BugFix: Loaded data could disappear if the instrument was measuring during loading.
- BugFix: J1939 I/O gave wrong output data.
- Cursor window base info is now always visible. If vertical cursors are disabled, the post sample time is shown. (To match the range the values are calculated over.)
- Added TiePie logo to main window.
- Horizontal cursors now move with the signals when zooming or panning a graph.
- Added automatic following of streaming source in graphs.
- Added color scheme toolbar button for whole application.
- Scopes are now set to 20% pre samples by default.
- Added snapping to nice label values when dragging an axis. (Press the Ctrl key to prevent snapping.)
- Left-clicking a frequency axis now shows selectable spectrum frequency range values (equal to half the sample frequency).
- A demo scope can now 'measure' its demo generator output.
- Numerous changes to the UI to make it easier accessible.
- Improved loading of scopes and function generators contained in setups. (Unused oscilloscopes and function generators are now stopped and control windows closed.)
- Corrected output range calculation of Integrate I/O.
- Added dialogs for easier controlling of the trigger system.
- Added preventing Windows to go to sleep during measuring. (It will still look like Windows sleeps, but the Multi Channel oscilloscope software will keep measuring.)
- Changed measurement restart behavior to prevent receiving a measurement using the previous settings after a user change.
- Added alternative /div ranges to channel range and measurement time.
- Added cursor and meter measurements Power and Period.
- Added property fixed base settings to allow fixing the sample frequency and/or record length when changing the measurement time.
- Added hotkeys Ctrl + F11 and Ctrl + F12 for decreasing and increasing the measurement time.
- Added Measurement time / Time per div setting to oscilloscopes.
- Trigger level, hysteresis, pre samples and other settings values can now be entered in different units, for example in percent or Volt.
- The TiePieSCOPE HS805 is no longer supported.
Changed LibTiePie version to 0.5.6:
- Improved error reporting in case of firmware errors.
- BugFix: Some Handyscope HS4 DIFFs failed on first stream attempt.
- Clarified message that is given when a demo instrument is created automatically.
- An I/O reprocesses its input data when one of its properties is changed.
- BugFix: Loading arbitrary AWG data could fail after loading smaller AWG data.
- Changed LibTiePie version to 0.5.5 to solve a problem with some Handyscope HS4s.
- BugFix: Resampler I/O could output a wrong time base.
- BugFix: Probe gain could no longer be changed after a streaming measurement.
- BugFix: Graph lines could be incorrect or invisible after loading.
- BugFix: Comment arrow tip positions were changed when zooming while holding the Ctrl key.
- Changed LibTiePie version to 0.5.4.
- Uncoupled showing the graph value window from showing cursors.
- Added horizontal cursors to graphs.
- Added memory of enabled graph value window measurements. When reopened after closing, the same measurements will be used.
- Corrected sample frequency verification of (demo) Handyscope HS3 and demo Handyscope HS4.
- Added auto resolution support to demo Handyscope HS3.
- Added more intelligent handling of units. For example V*s*s now becomes V*s^2 and V*A becomes W.
- BugFix: Handyscope HS3 channel data was scaled using the next range in case of auto ranging, which resulted in a possible factor 2 or 2.5 error since 1.32.0.
- A Meter sink no longer dies when its sources are disconnected (but still dies when a user closes its window).
- Removed Phase support from generators that do not have it (Handyscope HS3, TiePieSCOPE HS805 and their demos).
- Added Delete action to outputs of J1939 I/O.
- The AutoDisk sink now keeps asking for a new base file name until it is valid and will not cause conflicts, or the user confirms that overwriting is allowed.
- BugFix: Handyscope HS3 (demo) AWG and TiePieSCOPE HS805 demo AWG supported setting the frequency mode for signal types DC and Noise, resulting in the frequency property being visible.
- Added new meter and cursor measurements PulseCount and PulseCountNegative. (Because PeriodCount counts one too little when used for pulses.)
- Removed dependency on LibTiePie in demo software.
- Fixed data retrieving problems of Coupling module TP-25C (DIFF) and Handyscope HS5.
- Fixed start time of data collector when smaller than source and fill mode was left to right.
- Fixed Access Violation in Handyscope HS3 when starting or stopping a stream after closing the function generator.
- BugFix: Handyscope HS3 record length in streaming mode could differ between the scope and its channels. For example setting it to 5000 resulted in setting it to 5120 at the scope and 5000 at the channels. The result was too little data on the channels.
- The output of a function generator is now turned off when it is closed.
- BugFix: Creating an XY(Z) reference is now possible again.
- When a changed setting affects the time base of a Handyscope HS3, Handyscope HS4 (DIFF) or Handyscope HS5, and the scope is running, the measurement is restarted with the new settings to prevent waiting for a possibly long measurement before the desired one.
- BugFix: Show object tree setting was read inverted since 1.32.0.
- The object tree popup menu now also works when pressing the menu key on the keyboard.
- Added option to start an oscilloscope after loading a file when it was measuring when that file was stored.
- Added option to start a function generator after loading a file when it was generating when that file was stored.
- Removed support for loading old (before 2005) structure based binary TPS files.
- Properties and actions of multiple selected objects can now be set and executed together.
- Restructured object actions and properties.
- BugFix: After changing the signal type of a Handyscope HS3 or demo AWG to DC and then to another type, amplitude could no longer be set and remained 0.
- BugFix: Instrument settings were not correctly loaded from old WinSoft (.dat/.set) files. Data was correctly loaded, but settings for next measurements were left unchanged.
- Added measurement templates as examples for many different measurements and a selection dialog for them.
- Fixed lag problem that could occur during streaming. When the computer temporarily cannot keep up with the stream, it now catches up later.
- Digits are added to the labels on the bottom axis of a graph when zooming deep, to make sure the values remain different.
- When a graph is zoomed in deep, it no longer unzooms when the record slider is moved.
- Added decimal separator moving to numeric AWG displays, to increase readability by removing leading zeros. For example 0.200 s now displayed as 200 ms.
- Starting a block measurement without enabled trigger sources no longer sets the trigger timeout silently to zero.
- Fixed problem in the Compression test that occurred only in some measurements.
- BugFix: Saving 1 source with 1 sample record length to a Matlab file, either by using a Disk writer sink or by exporting, produced a corrupt file.
- Added output invert to the Handyscope HS5 AWG. (Negates the signal around the offset.)
- Added pulse signal to Handyscope HS5 AWG.
- Fixed time base of some instruments that was wrong after changing the record length when measuring with pre samples.
- Added saving and restoring of graph positions.
- Setting Only use already enabled channels for quick functions is now enabled by default.
- Fixed loading of desktop setfile containing multiple function generators. Only the last generator would be loading settings.
- File save option no data is no longer remembered in between saves to prevent accidental saving without data.
- Fixed start time value of Data collector output when using option .
- BugFix: When disconnecting channels while streaming, they were not disabled. Now they are disabled when the stream stops.
- Added messages for user when detected instrument cannot be initialized or its eeprom contents are corrupt.
- Fixed bug in number to string conversion that caused values slightly less than '1e*' could be displayed a factor '10' too small.
- Added FFT window method flat top.
- Created new software component for controlling the Handyscope HS3, supporting auto resolution.
- Added new Generator modes to Handyscope HS5 AWG: Gated, GatedPeriodStart, GatedPeriodFinish, GatedRun, GatedRunOutput, SampleCount, SampleCountOutput.
- Fixed bug in number to string conversion that caused wrong values on graph base scale.
- Fixed bug that could cause oscilloscopes to never start anymore.
- Graphs now resize proportionally when their containing window is resized.
- Fixed some loading problems of oscilloscopes settings.
- Limited toolbar trigger source strings to 20 characters.
- Toolbar label items now grow but never shrink, to prevent them from moving around. (To prevent toolbar items from moving around and make clicking them easier.)
- BugFix: Parts of streaming data from LibTiePie controlled instruments (Handyscope HS4, Handyscope HS4 DIFF, Handyscope HS5) could be lost.
- When loading a desktop file containing a combined instrument, the software asks to recreate it when similar hardware is present.
- BugFix: External trigger input of LibTiePie based oscilloscopes was not enabled when loading a setfile stored with a non-LibTiePie based instrument.
- Added reset button to settings window to load page defaults.
- Start time of stream records is no longer zero (except the first one). Handyscope HS3, Handyscope HS4, Handyscope HS4 DIFF, TiePieSCOPE HS805 and Handyprobe HP3 now behave like the Handyscope HS5.
- Many other small changes and fixes.
- Re-enabled SureConnect connection test and Ohm measurement of Handyscope HS5.
- A Base section to index I/O is now allowed between a CAN analyzer I/O and a J1939 I/O.
- Fixed displaying of the trigger source on instrument toolbar.
- Fixed 'hanging' of oscilloscopes when changing time-out from 0 to other value.
- Double clicking Compression test and Table sinks in the object tree will bring their windows to front.
- Auto setup now changes the trigger level to mid-level for more or less symmetrical signals.
- When dragging multiple compatible sources onto an empty I/O or sink that accepts just one source, that sink is cloned for all but the first source.
- AutoDisk state is now saved to file.
- Added default action to popup menu of channels, other sources, IOs and oscilloscopes for adding them to or removing them from the active graph. (Double clicking a source in the object tree now adds it to the active graph.)
- Instrument and channel popup menus of toolbars are now equal to those of the object tree.
- A new graph created by the user automatically becomes the active one.
- Clicking the channel toolbar item now adds the channel to the active graph when not present yet, or removes all lines that (indirectly) have the channel as a source. (The channel is added just like when dragged, so FFT and other I/Os are created when desired.)
- When clicking the channel toolbar item when there is a horizontal axis in XY mode that is waiting for a source, the channel will be connected to it.
- Dragging two time base sources to an XY graph now adds them both to one new XY line, instead of creating two vertical new axes with blinking horizontal ones.
- Added auto save/auto load options to . Can be used to automatically save the whole setup when closing the software and reload it on startup.
- Added settings for maximum desired auto setup measurement time, both for normal / once and continuous auto setup.
- User can now cancel trigger symbol dragging by pressing the Esc key.
- Double clicking a trigger symbol while holding the Ctrl key switches both end levels.
- Dragging an edge of a trigger symbol close to the other edge now moves the whole trigger symbol.
- Added new trigger methods to the Handyscope HS5: Enter window, Exit window and Pulse width.
- Mouse clicking or wheeling AWG window digits has no effect when the new value would be out of range. (For example clicking the bottom of the '1' in '1000 Hz' does not change the frequency, because 0 Hz is out of range.)
- Improved Resampler I/O for average method downsampling.
- Data of instruments controlled by LibTiePie (Handyscope HS4 (DIFF), Handyscope HS5) is downloaded by another thread, preventing the UI from freezing.
- Handyscope HS4, Handyscope HS4 DIFF and Automotive Test Scope ATS5004D are now supported through LibTiePie when new driver (7.1.x) is installed. (As a consequence, they cannot be combined with a Handyscope HS3 when the new driver is used.)
- Added Base section to index I/O that can be used to make data with begin and end times continuous. (Such data can for example originate from a J1939 I/O.)
- Added Clear action to oscilloscopes and their channels for clearing data.
- Added Stop after count option to MinMaxDetector I/O similar to that of the Average I/O.
- Fixed appearance of some windows on Windows 7 with large fonts. (Some controls were invisible.)
- Added command line option to create graph references. (MultiChannel -CreateRef GraphIndex,LineIndex, where both indexes may be a or all.)
- Fixed slope detection method so that pulses of 1 sample wide are correctly detected. (Affects measurements: Period count, Frequency and Duty cycle.)
- Added adjustable limit to the number of devices that is automatically opened.
- User can now manually open oscilloscopes and function generators via main menu and object tree popup menu.
- Added LibTiePie version number to about box.
- TPServer.exe is no longer used. Multi Channel oscilloscope software now handles the resources by itself.
- Reduced Handyscope HS5 oscilloscope trigger jitter when using external or generator trigger sources.
- Added graph popup menu item for arranging axes in several ways.
- Added hotkeys to extended AWG actions.
- Added graph popup menu item for exporting data between cursors.
- Fixed problem of inverted Handyscope HS3 and TiePieSCOPE HS805 AWG offset polarity, occasionally occurring with some USB 3.0 ports.
- Updated to use LibTiePie version 0.4.4.
- Changed meter display formatting to prevent values like 0.6444 kV by default and display 644.4 V instead.
- Increased loading speed of WinSoft .DAT ASCII files with 48%, and WinSoft .DAT binary and WAV files with a factor 41.
- WinSoft like .DAT files containing more than 1MS can now be loaded into function generators.
- Added support for trigger outputs of Handyscope HS5 AWG.
- Corrected TiePieSCOPE HS805 trigger timeout. (It was about 3 times too long.)
- Enabled TiePieSCOPE HS805 trigger output on D-sub pin 11.
- Added Line visible popup menu item to signal coupled scales, to be able to temporary hide lines.
- Added option to graph (popup menu) to snap vertical cursors to sample positions in time and frequency domain.
- Improved amplitude switching behavior of Handyscope HS3 AWGs.
- Selecting multiple objects in the object tree is now possible by clicking them while holding the Ctrl key.
- Added logarithmic sweeping of sine, triangular and square wave signal to Handyscope HS5 XM function generator.
- Bugfixes in data exporting of Handyscope HS5, combined instruments and other sources.
- BugFix in code affecting the J1939 decoder.
- Added graph comment popup menu item clone with arrows.
- When a graph comment is dragged and Ctrl key is held down, its arrows are also moved.
- Added support for all trigger inputs of Handyscope HS5 oscilloscopes and function generators.
- Fixed problem during loading of 2 channel V1 WinSoft files with accompanying .GEG file.
- Fixed problem during exporting of data.
- Improved auto setup handling of record length and trigger time out.
- All sources, I/Os and sinks now have a Help menu item.
- When F1 is pressed, the object tree shows object specific help for root nodes and when one object is selected.
- Replaced measurement icons by new ones.
- Added toolbar with new measurement icons to cursor window.
- Bottom part of the cursor window can now be hidden.